Date: 4/15/24 1:36 pm
From: Jane Frances Bunker <jfb324...>
Subject: RE: [cayugabirds-l] Taughannock Falls light show?
That’s terrific news—thank you.

All day I’ve meant to carve out the time to write and say something about optics, and to suggest we make the argument that these groups could use the cancellation as a teaching moment about our precious fellow creatures and the importance of undisturbed habitat. So great that they made the right decision.

Many thanks to all who advocated for the peregrines and ravens.

Jane

Jane Bunker
Director
Cornell University Press
she/her/hers

Aupresses<https://aupresses.org/about-aupresses/> President

Cornell University is located on the traditional homelands of the Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' (the Cayuga Nation). The Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' are members of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, an alliance of six sovereign Nations with a historic and contemporary presence on this land. The Confederacy precedes the establishment of Cornell University, New York state, and the United States of America. We acknowledge the painful history of Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' dispossession, and honor the ongoing connection of Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' people, past and present, to these lands and waters.

This land acknowledgment has been reviewed and approved by the traditional Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' leadership.