Date: 4/14/24 10:50 pm
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Belated Pectoral Sandpiper Report
Hi birders,

Apologies for not sending this from the field earlier today. There was a
PECTORAL SANDPIPER at the intersection of San Andreas Road around 9am
today, Sunday 4/14. I was able to take some photos, but the bird was
very distant and too small to see properly on the back of the camera. To
add insult to injury, I could not re-find the PECTORAL when scanning
with my scope. Instead I ended up seeing a few LEAST SANDPIPERS, in
addition to a DUNLIN, some 30 WESTERN SANDPIPERS, a single BLACK-BELLIED
PLOVER, and other usual suspects.

For more details and photos see the ebird report:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S168611894

Oh and in a first for me in La Selva Beach, there was an adult BALD
EAGLE flying over fairly high above the LA SELVA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY as
I was dropping off some books.

Good birding,

Pete Solé

squinting at distant bird  in photos in Soquel, CA