Date: 4/14/24 9:11 pm
From: Rosie Watts <pinyonjay...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Inca Dove in Tucson
External Email

I drove to Savers on Broadway late this morning to drop off some donations.
As I was stopped in the donation lane, an Inca Dove seemingly floated down
from my upper left and landed on the asphalt about 15 ft from my truck.

Got binoculars on it, it looked healthy, and a very short time later it
flew away.

Not a lot of green space in the immediate area, but there is a neighborhood
just north of savers along Chantilly. And a school which I believe has some
open lawn.

We've had one sighting at this yard, but it's been many years.

This morning at Fort Lowell Park, as we approached the east side of the
park overlooking the Riverwalk, Jim was able to count 17 turkey vultures.
We haven't been seeing them much this last week, but our efforts have not
been very concerted, and there's always the matter of hit and miss with
timing.

Our Lucy's warblers are still courting and singing daily, so we are hopeful
for a successful brood again.

Good birding!

Rosie and Jim Watts
Tucson, Arizona