Date: 4/14/24 6:22 pm
From: Ken Wills via groups.io <memontei...>
Subject: Re: [ALbirds] Upland Sandpiper in Shelby Co
The Upland Sandpiper was still in the Calera development fields behind the big metal building, Betacom, when I left at 6:45 p.m.  Hopefully it will still be there in the morning.   I would bring a scope for optimal viewing.
I heard about the bird second hand from a new birder I encountered in Limestone Park, and as soon as he told me about it I headed down there .  It was the first Upland Sandpiper I have seen in Alabama, and I had a much better and longer look of this bird than I had of that species in the Mississippi Delta.   Great way to end a late afternoon birding trip.
Ken Wills
On Sunday, April 14, 2024 at 01:50:14 PM CDT, Rick Remy <rickremy...> wrote:

We just saw a single Upland Sandpiper in Shelby County in the field on Highway 31 directly across from Hampton Inn in the fields known as Publix Fields. It was near the fence by the big metal building.

Rick and Susan Remy