Date: 4/14/24 4:47 pm
From: Nick Bolgiano <nickbolgiano...>
Subject: a few pictures from Tussey Mt HW
A Broad-winged Hawk set up territory near the watch site today, as one has
around this day on each year since 2019. Two pictures of that bird zooming
past us on a strong SSW wind.

SSW wind prevailed for the first 4 hours, which is when nearly all of
today's migrants were counted. Afterward, the wind was SW and WSW and not
productive. We ended up with roughly 50 birds on the day. The hawk watch
report will be late today.

We did see 3 Golden Eagles, for a season total of 161. We could get close
to the 10-year average of 169 by the time the season ends on April 25, in
11 more days. An updated GE cumulative chart is attached.

Join us on Facebook!