Date: 4/14/24 10:53 am
From: Joseph Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: COMMON LOONS, NORTHBOUND, ALL DRESSED FOR SUMMER
Beaver Lake in Northwest Arkansas City has not proven a reliable place to see Common Loons during mid-winter (roughly December-February). But migrating loons in fall, and now spring, are more likely.

We saw 5 loons this morning from the parking lot at Highway 12 bridge east of Rogers. The 4 seen best were all black-and-white, already best-dressed for upcoming nesting season. You can see them with bins, and even better with a scope.

Based upon past observations, we are most likely to see these migrating loons from late March into early May. A calm day during the week (fewer boats and flat water) works best.

or click the following link: