Date: 4/14/24 7:58 am
From: Sally Conyne <sbconyne2...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Farewell to the Red-flanked Bluetail
Thank you, Susan, for that excellent tribute and summary regarding the
bluetail. I thought so often over the winter what a positive occurrence
that whole saga turned out to be for everyone including the bird and the
other birds in the area. The bluetail certainly fared better than would
have been predicted when it first strayed to North America!

Now vacant from my backyard are juncos. I think the last individuals
pulled out in the last two nights. I already miss their quiet presence and
subtle tail signalling. White-throats are still here in full-force looking
very spiffy.

Sally Conyne
Stockton/Ringoes, NJ

List Guidelines: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind2107&L=JERSEYBI&P=R685&X=OE8E22FEF3A2B10DFE5