Date: 4/14/24 6:05 am
From: Greg D. Jackson <g_d_jackson...>
Subject: Re: [ALbirds] Upland Sandpiper spectacle
Hi Craig,

Spectacle indeed! You guys certainly have been treated to a "grasspiper"
bonanza recently! The thundering hordes of up to 710 Am. Golden-Plovers
last month took out the previous state maximum of 470 set in the same
general area. And your tally of 102 Upland Sandpipers yesterday toppled
both the previous spring high of 75 and the fall max of 70.

The Buff-breasteds are always nice to see, and 13 almost reaches the
spring high of 16; /much /larger numbers have been recorded in autumn,
with many triple-digit counts and a max of 172.

Send some of these guys up our way . . .

Greg

Greg D. Jackson

AOS Bird Records Compiler

Birmingham, AL