Date: 4/13/24 8:20 pm
From: Ryan Seppala <rjseppala...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] UCSB West Campus - 4/13
Activity at West Campus was booming this evening after the rain. I had a Black-chinned Hummingbird down by the greenhouse as well as plenty of selasphorus visiting the bottlebrush scattered throughout the area, with adult male Rufous outnumbering male Allen’s today by a small margin. No Calliopes here yet. Hooded Orioles are also stacking up with my count in the double digits, along with a couple Bullock’s mixed in. A pair of Black-headed Grosbeaks was showing off near the loop, and Western Kingbirds were in the field south of Seaway Drive.

Good birding!

Ryan Seppala
Isla Vista

View/Reply Online (#37187): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/37187