Date: 4/13/24 8:16 pm
From: vicleipzig via groups.io <vicleipzig...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Coal Canyon Parking Area
Braxton,    I visited Coal Canyon last week for the first time in many years.  I'm pleased to say that none of the cars in my group were broken into.      I am more familiar with the break-in problem at Bolsa Chica.  If the problem at Coal Canyon is similar, then break-ins can occur any day of the week and at any time of day.  At Bolsa, weekdays are slightly worse than weekends and afternoon slightly worse than mornings.  But not by much.  Good luck.  I hope you get the Bell's!
Vic
G. Victor Leipzig, Ph.D.17461 Skyline LaneHuntington Beach CA  92647(714) 330-3558

On Saturday, April 13, 2024, 08:01:22 PM PDT, Braxton Landsman via groups.io <balbhl...> wrote:

Hope everyone is enjoying the first half of spring migration!

I’ve been told by a few people that the parking lot for coal canyon is sketchy, with frequent car break-ins. Has anyone here experienced this themselves? Would going tomorrow be better as it’s a weekend?

Thanks for any input!

--
Braxton Landsman
Ladera Ranch