Date: 4/13/24 4:12 pm
From: Daniel Edelstein <danieledelstein...>
Subject: [northbaybirds] 420 Aleutian Cackling Goose (Branta hutchinsii leucopareia) remain at Las Gallinas/NBB area...i.e., 2nd-most "tardy"/late eBird sighting for this location
Birders:

Please note I was surprised to see 420 Aleutian Cackling Goose ( Branta hutchinsii leucopareia )
at 6:20 PM in the large, eastern, non-native grass habitat immediately east-northeast of the solar farm.

Per eBird observations at this site, this sighting is the *2nd most tardy* observation of this Cackling Goose
subspecies next to a 4/30/18 Ron Mallory sighting.

See:  https://ebird.org/map/alcgoo1?neg=true&<env.minX...>&<env.minY...>&<env.maxX...>&<env.maxY...>&zh=true&gp=false&ev=Z&excludeExX=false&excludeExAll=false&mr=3-5&bmo=3&emo=5&yr=all&byr=1900&eyr=2024

Strangely, perhaps, two female Gadwall were present in the middle of the Aleutian Cackling Goose pack.

One Green Heron was seen flying from south to north after flying from its perch on the eastern edge
of the north-northwest-most island in Pond #1....Thus, in the near future, I will be watchful for a potential active nest
on this island.

Regards,

Daniel Edelstein
Novato, CA