Date: 4/13/24 2:53 pm
From: Anthony Metcalf <ametcalf...>
Subject: [inlandcountybirds] April 20 and April 21 Two Day Shorebird Extravaganza Field Trip
April 20 and April 21 Two Day Shorebird Extravaganza

Hey shorebirders, April migrant lovers and birding fanatics, join David
Rankin (619-869-3952) and Tony Metcalf (951-347-7710) for a two day birding
extravaganza at the north end of the Salton Sea (Saturday) and the San
Jacinto Wildlife Area (Sunday). We will focus primarily on shorebirds,
contrasting mid-April shorebird diversity at the Salton Sea with inland
coastal shorebird diversity at the San Jacinto Wildlife Area and Mystic
Lake. (Of course we look at everything from gulls to passerines!!). On
Saturday (April 20) we will meet at 8 AM at the infamous Arco Station in
Mecca (66th Ave and HWY 86), if you miss us there because of traffic, etc
we will be at the North Shore Yacht Club on HWY 111 before to Salt Creek.
On Sunday (April 21) meet at the gates of the San Jacinto Wildlife Area at
7:30AM. Mystic Lake is awesome and migrants are already passing through!!
You can join us for one or both days. Bring drinks, snacks, lunch etc. And
we recommend rubber boots for the barnacle beaches at the NESS and goopy
Mystic Lake Shoreline.

See you there,

David and Tony

NESS and SJWA