Date: 4/13/24 11:11 am
From: Grove, Gregory William <gwg2...>
Subject: Re: OCC preschool bird walk- Apr 13th
Re bird walks for kids - and letting go of expectations - a few years ago Deb and I led an after school "bird" walk of first/second graders at a local school. There were binocs for most to use (by no means top-of-the-line!).
The big hit of the afternoon was when one kid discovered how cool it was to look through the wrong end of the bins. Before long, everyone was. It was hilarious.
As I recall there was one girl who was interested in seeing birds, and knew some names (of birds).