Date: 4/12/24 7:18 pm
From: John Williams <john...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Arthur Pack Park, NW Tucson, Sparrows and Towhees
External Email

An unusually productive afternoon at the park. Not many of each species, but six sparrow and two towhee species was a six month high. A rather handsomely colored Grasshopper Sparrow popped up and sat for me. I have never seen one in the spring, as it approaches breeding plumage. I was surprised, but reacted quickly to get several shots.
Also today: many White-crowned, 2 Chipping, 2 Lark, 1Song, 1Vesper, Abert’s and 2 Green-tailed Towhee, and a Gray Flycatcher.

A count of twelve Northern Shovelers was down from thirty yesterday. Missed on Yellow-rumps, but had a good look at a Lucy’s Warbler.
The Great-horned Owl is on nest. It is standing up more so perhaps an egg or two have hatched? No way to tell.
Noted a Greater Roadrunner carrying a stick.

John R Williams