Date: 4/12/24 2:29 pm
From: Ian MacGregor <00000489141846bd-dmarc-request...>
Subject: The Spring So Far
When I re-filled the feeders this morning, six Pine Siskins were waiting, I saw others on my neighborhood walk. It seems a good year for them. The other birds having what I think are better than average years are American Golden-Plover, Eastern Towhee, and Rusty Blackbird.
Mind you, my experience is limited. I had two towhees across from the fish hatchery today. I flushed them in the first copse. I included them on my fish hatchery list but I wonder how other people handle the area.

I had my usual spring problem with Merlin identifying birds I could not hear let alone see including Worm-eating Warbler. I removed the app. I’ll put it back on after migration. I know many want to know what’s around, but I find it frustrating to not be able to find what Merlin is hearing. I enjoy my outings more not using the app.

I had a nice time a Pea Ridge on Wednesday. I had planned to walk the whole route, but was worried about getting caught in heavy rain. So I walked from stop to stop and then walked back to get the car and drive what I had just walked. I don’t do well slow driving. A lot of heavy drizzle, but Yellow-throated Vireo, Black-and-White, Northern Parula, Yelllow-rumped, and Yellow-throated Warblers made for a nice day. Lot’s of singing Field Sparrows as well. Also Early Buttercups, Rose Mock Verbenia, Sassafras’s, Plantain Pussytoes, Round Leaf Ragwort, Northern Dewberry, the dogwood, and other native flowers, all identified by “Picture This”, added to the walk when the birding was slow.

Ian MacGregor Bella Vista

or click the following link: