Date: 4/11/24 9:49 pm
From: Maggie peretto via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hartford, Station 43 birding etiquette
Spring, good weather and the birds are arriving… it’s time to enjoy our favorite birding spots. Station 43 being on our list.

>> Let’s keep in mind a few birding etiquette to maintain our status as respectful individuals.
>>
>> In South Windsor: Once you park in Main Street and Newberry Road and you get out of your car. Please, walk on the side of the road until you reach the driveway that is right across from Newberry Road. Do not walk on the neighbor’s lawns.
>> Do not park in front of mailboxes.

>> Do not use recording devices to call the rails, Sora’s or any other birds that have chosen Station 43 for the “critical” purpose of nesting. You most likely hear them call as they are trying to attract a mate. You may also get lucky and see them walk the trail.
>>
>> If you are a new birder, do not hesitate to ask for help. Other more advanced birders will be delighted to help.
>>
>> If you see any trash (which is not often) please, pick it up.
>>
>> Always be respectful of other birders. Keep fast moves and noice at a minimum.
>>
>> Most of all relax and enjoy the quiet and beautiful birds.

Maggie Peretto
Paul Margiott
Station 43 Co-Stewards
Hartford Audubon Society

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send an email with just "join" or "leave" in the subject or body to: <ctbirds-request...>