Date: 4/11/24 4:03 pm
From: Christopher Hayward <p_t_nymph...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Cassin's Vireos, Long Ridge OSP, 4/11/24
Hi All,
This morning I birded Long Ridge OSP starting from the parking lot along Hwy. 35 and walking the Peter's Creek trail to near the Santa Clara County line and back. It was a beautiful warm day up on the ridge and this hike has become one of my favorite walks in the county.
I counted 5 Cassin's Vireos singing at separate locations along the trail, with 2 seen well on perches high up. This area has to be one of the best locations for Cassin's Vireos in the county, and probably the best breeding location for this species in our area.
Photos and Audio on my ebird checklist, link below.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S168182979

Chris Hayward
Half Moon Bay