Date: 4/11/24 7:58 am
From: Taran <taranfunk...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Cooper Hawk Nest
Hello Everyone!

My first message sending, so sorry if this isn’t exciting enough to be sharing. There is a a pair of Cooper hawks nesting near the top of the tree in the front yard of 1812 D st. Lincoln, NE. I’ve seen plenty of coopers, but never a nest. If you live near by, it’s worth checking out.

They are pretty active (I see them every day), usually either near the nest or in the branch hanging over the road near the street lamp across the street.

Just thought I would share as they are very photogenic, but my camera doesn’t have a very good zoom lens. They aren’t bothered by my 2 year old yelling at them, so they will sit for about anything.

Have a great week,
-Taran Funk