Date: 4/10/24 5:21 pm
From: Glennah Trochet <trochetj...>
Subject: [centralvalleybirds] Cosumnes birds today
Dear Birders,

This morning I ran this month's Lost Slough bird survey at the Cosumnes
River Preserve in southern Sacramento County. The weather was great, the
season quite advanced over when I last saw it 18 or so days ago, but the
bird species mix little different. Before I left I noticed that only
Bullock's orioles had arrived. A few other passerines were noted (by me)
for the first time this season today: ash-throated flycatcher, western
kingbird and Wilson's warbler. This last one was only 15-20 meters from
where I turned one up in January, so it might have wintered locally. The
one shorebird of note was a solitary sandpiper. Other birds that
interested me for their infrequent detection on this survey included a
white-tailed kite, a merlin, and four great-tailed grackles.

Best,
John Trochet
Sacramento