Date: 4/10/24 2:36 pm
From: Jack and Pam <00000064a46c579c-dmarc-request...>
Subject: recent audubon action alert What you need to know
I received an Audubon Action alert concerning a bill to increase funding for on-the-ground conservation projects benefiting birds.  It is called the Migratory Birds of the Americas Conservation Enhancements Act (H.R. 4389/S).  If you elect to respond to this alert, and I hope you will, you should know that our Senator Boozman has already co-signed the bill.  In the case of Senator Boozman, a thank you is in order. This is not the first time Senator Boozman has helped Audubon advance a bill related to bird conservation.
Last week, my wife Pam and I visited Senator Boozman's office in Washington. Upon learning that our 12-year-old granddaughter accompanied us, the staff kindly offered a private tour of the Capital. Since young Alicia is studying civics at school this year, it was a valuable experience for her. I was pleased to learn that at least some schools are teaching civics!
Our guide was a young intern currently enrolled at UAR in Fayetteville.  I only caught his first name- Whittiker.
Jack StewartNewton County

or click the following link: