Date: 4/10/24 1:56 pm
From: Bryant, Don <dab14...>
Subject: Re: ID?
While the shape seems buteo, so lightly colored red-tail, it could also just be a really lousy photo of an osprey. That would fit with the really white belly, etc. and the head isn’t clear enough to see any markings there. Was there any water nearby, although that might not matter so much in migration period.

don

Donald A. Bryant, Ph. D.
Academy Professor,
Ernest C. Pollard Professor Emeritus of Biotechnology ,
and Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802

https://science.psu.edu/bmb/people/dab14

104 Nea’ Yu’ Ka Street
Port Matilda, PA 16870

Phone: 814-777-9699
Fax: 814-863-7024
e-mail: <dab14...>

"Look deep into nature and you will
understand everything better.”

Albert Einstein

> On Apr 10, 2024, at 4:16 PM, Steph S <stephszarmach...> wrote:
>
> Could it be a very light or partially leucistic Red-tailed Hawk? It seems like the right shape and wing color, but has no belly band and such a light head!
>
> ~Steph
>
> From: State College (PA) Bird Club <SCBIRDCL...> <mailto:<SCBIRDCL...>> on behalf of Mark Ott <000027d7a2c8cc0b-dmarc-request...> <mailto:<000027d7a2c8cc0b-dmarc-request...>>
> Date: Wednesday, April 10, 2024 at 4:10 PM
> To: <SCBIRDCL...> <mailto:<SCBIRDCL...> <SCBIRDCL...> <mailto:<SCBIRDCL...>>
> Subject: ID?
>
> Sister in law in Chester County sent this. Not the clearest pics, as usual. We are having no luck in ID. An Owl? Hawk? Any educated guesses?

Join us on Facebook!