Date: 4/10/24 1:15 am
From: Karen Garrett <kjgarrett84...>
Subject: Re: Eclipse Birding observations
On the shores of Lake Dardanelle, the Cardinals started singing about 10
minutes before totality. The "dawn chorus" started immediately after
totality, but only lasted a few minutes. The cardinals, which I had not
heard until right before totality, continued singing the rest of the
afternoon until I started the 4 hour "2-hour" drive home. I wish I had
looked out onto the lake to see what cormorants and gulls were doing, but I
was too engrossed in the eclipse. Oh, and I can report that all of my
cousins' grandkids got quiet during totality, as well. It was quite
spectacular!

Karen Garrett, now back in Benton County, but I thank Pope County for
letting me view their 4 min, 12 sec of totality

or click the following link: