Date: 4/9/24 6:08 pm
From: Vic Fondy <treasurecreek...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Storm and Whitewood Report
The weekend storm brought 2.9 inches of rain and 7 inches of snow at our
home 1.5 miles south of Whitewood, but no new birds at the feeders.  Our
birder friend south of Belle Fourche reported Yellow-headed Blackbirds
passing thru at their feeders last Sundayand we saw very large numbers
of American Robins along Crook City Road and in Spearfish Monday.

The Lewis's Woodpecker was last seen Sunday, and has possibly moved on.
The Evening Grosbeaks are still seen daily.  We finally had two new
arrivals today with a male Common Merganser bouncing down Whitewood
Creek and a Song Sparrow in the feeder area.

Vic/Donna Fondy 605.269.2553