Date: 4/9/24 4:55 pm
From: <jerrymcw...> <0000001b5c226889-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Erie County, Presque Isle Hawk Watch for April 9, 2024 (revised)

Unknown Falcon 0 0 3
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 1 1 2

Total: 1342 4569 10526

Observation start time: 08:30:00
Observation end time: 16:00:00
Total observation time: 7.5 hours

Official Counter: Jerry McWilliams

Observers: Bernie O'Connor, Katie Andersen, Ken Felix, Sam Stull

Visitors:
Thanks to Sam Stull, Katie Andersen, Bernie O'Connor, & Ken Felix for
helping with the count. Visitors and temporary spotters included Sharon
and Chuck Stafford, Danny Maloney, Josh from DCNR, My son Nathan and my
granddaughter Ava, and Pat Howell. Katie Andersen may report the flight to
me a little later for the period of time during my short absence.

Weather:
Mostly clear becoming variably cloudy and quite warm with a good SSW all
day.

Raptor Observations:
Birds stayed near the lake all day but gained altitude quickly with some of
the smaller raptors often disappearing in the blue sky. The flight was
steady with no sudden mass movements, though TV kettles occasionally
reached 40 or 50 birds.

Non-raptor Observations:
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1, Barn Swallow 1, Tree Swallow, blackbirds,
Mourning Dove, Rock Pigeon, House Finch. numerous Northern Flickers,
Ring-billed and Herring gulls, Double-crested Cormorant. Red Admiral
butterflies were on the move with at least a couple dozen seen flying past
mostly to the NE. Other butterflies noted were Mourning Cloak, and Cabbage
White.

Predictions:
Winds light and mostly cloudy and cooler with a chance of rain.
Jerry McWilliamsErie, Erie County, <Pa.jerrymcw...>

Join us on Facebook!