Date: 4/9/24 2:35 pm
From: Gyekis, Joseph Peter <jpg186...>
Subject: Re: Tussey Mountain Hawkwatch & Eclipse Watch - April 8th, 2024
What a great report!

It was similarly fun and migrant rich during the eclipse viewing in the valley. Right after class at 2:15 I met up with my family at the arboretum and we tried to watch for glimpses through the clouds of the partially eclipsing sun and got a few looks (it was cool how the whole crowd of people broke out into cheers every time there was a glimpse). The whole time we had some good action in the sky of birds migrating by, including an osprey (plus two more while walking home), one harrier, one probably migrating red tail, two small groups of cormorants, two herring gulls, and a high small falcon (probably a kestrel).

As the sky got dark, the robin songs kicked into gear, and it only amplified when it started brightening back up. It did seem like some starlings and grackles were making roost-like moves when the light dimmed.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S167769615<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Febird.org%2Fchecklist%2FS167769615&data=05%7C02%<7CSCBIRDCL...>%7Cc7d20376c9544475bd4908dc58dce828%7C7cf48d453ddb4389a9c1c115526eb52e%7C0%7C0%7C638482952999572736%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=0nw46PUEc3qiIB4iXMvSX%2FYDWx6AVOKhTalXExy67d8%3D&reserved=0>