Date: 4/7/24 9:27 pm
From: Parker Kaye <pkfromsaclp...>
Subject: Re: [pen-bird] San Mateo County Piping Plover continues 4/7
Hi Aidan,

While the signage is very poor, the dirt levee is in fact closed to the public and it has been communicated that it is not open to the public via this listserv and other reporting avenues. I’m a biologist with SFBBO and conduct some of the Snowy Plover monitoring at the Ravenswood ponds. Snowy Plover nesting season is starting to kick into full gear and it’s important that people respect access limitations as to not impact their nesting success. Please do not encourage or suggest people look for the Piping Plover on this levee; it’s easily viewable from various points on the public trail. If the afternoon lighting is good, I suggest searching from (37.4955468, -122.1526081).

Happy birding,

-Parker Kaye
Oakland

Typos from my iPhone