Date: 4/7/24 8:32 pm
From: rosita94598 via groups.io <rosita94598...>
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Huckleberry Preserve trail above PInehurst
We wanted to look for two specific flower species, Checker Lily and Trillium, both of which we did find.  But we were very fortunate to hear and find a very cooperative male Wilson's Warbler and to show it to a family with a young girl who appreciated seeing it.  Spring is such a great time to be in the Cathedral of the Great Outdoors.
Yesterday a friend and I saw Golden Eagles and Western Kingbirds along Bollinger Canyon on the way into Las Trampas Regional Park.  We also waited over an hour on a very muddy hillside in Bishop Ranch Open Space and were finally able to have a glimpse of the leucistic Acorn Woodpecker.  This is a short way up the Gray Fox Trail off Morgan Drive in what I guess is San Ramon.  The Cathedral is very big and not hard to find.
Hugh B. HarveyWalnut Creek