Date: 4/7/24 7:21 pm
From: Diana F. <diana.fru...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Mass Audubon Birders Meeting
On Sunday, April 21, Mass Audubon will host its 31st Annual Birders Meeting
from 8:00am to 4:30pm at the Hogan Campus Center at the College of the Holy
Cross in Worcester.

This year’s theme – *The Conservation of Migration* – will focus on
migratory birds that travel short and long distances between their breeding
and wintering areas, while also stopping in between. These journeys do not
come without risks. North American migratory birds have been declining for
decades and are in dire need of conservation. The 2024 Birders Meeting
will explore the wonders of bird migration, conservation risks,
conservation needs, and the history of how we understand migration.

An impressive lineup of speakers will include John Rappole of the
Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute, Daniel Klem of Muhlenberg
University, Freda Guo of Princeton University, and author Rebecca Heisman.
We are happy to announce the participation of Mass Audubon’s Museum of
American Bird Art as well.

Registration is now live and can be found at:

https://www.massaudubon.org/programs/conservation-science/92377-birders-meeting-2024-staff-student

I hope you will share this notice with your membership.

Wayne

*Wayne R. Petersen *(he/him)

Director of Massachusetts Important Bird Area (IBA) Program

*Mass Audubon*

208 South Great Road, Lincoln, MA 01773

<wpetersen...> | (781) 259-2178 or (781) 206-5716 (cell)

massaudubon.org <http://www.massaudubon.org>

--
Group home page:
https://mrines.com/Birds/Arlington/