Date: 4/6/24 2:04 pm
From: Steven Tracey <straceyflash...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ: FSPR bonus trip to Millville plus upcoming birding event
External Email

Hi Birders,

This morning the Friends of the San Pedro River sponsored a bonus spring
walk at the Millville trailhead in the San Pedro River National
Conservation Area. We had 16 participants ranging from locals to visitors
from New York, Ohio, Virginia, New Mexico and Texas. Given the recent
weather we were happy to find the area cool, but not cold and breezy but
not windy. In total we found 38 species. Highlights included some nice
looks at Gray Hawks circling overhead, a very cooperative Belted Kingfisher
and singing Canyon Wrens. The river had plenty of warblers with Yellow,
Yellow-rumped and Lucy's all with numerous sightings plus a single
Orange-crowned and a few of us were quick enough to get on a Virginia's
Warbler.

On April 27 the FSPR will be sponsoring the "Celebrate the San Pedro"
festival which includes a morning bird challenge. Groups will meet at
7:00AM at five different SPRNCA access points (San Pedro House, Millville,
Hereford Bridge, Waters Rd., Escapule Wash). No fees or registration
required, just show up to your favorite SPRNCA birding spot and join in on
the fun. All levels of birders are welcome and encouraged. General
information can be found on the FSPR Facebook Page:

(20+) Friends of The San Pedro River | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/fspraz/events>

Or, on the FSPR website, a pdf with all the details.

2024-03-Celebrate-the-San-Pedro.pdf (sanpedroriver.org)
<http://sanpedroriver.org/wpfspr/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/2024-03-Celebrate-the-San-Pedro.pdf>

Also, a reminder that San Pedro House bird walks happen every Wednesday in
the month of April at 7:00AM. The next walk is 4/10/24.

Steve Tracey
Hereford, AZ