Date: 4/6/24 10:53 am
From: Vic Fondy <treasurecreek...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Orman and WW Report
We birded briefly on Friday from Whitewood to Orman.  Highlights
included a small flock of migrating Sparrows, but another vehicle
spooked the birds and we didn't ID them. St. Onge reservoir on Crooked
Oak roads had several species and the Great-horned Owl is still on the
nest along SD 34 at St. Onge.  Friday was very windy but we had  a
Northern Flicker at Orman which was a FOS for that area.  Orman is still
100% full and most of Gull Island submerged.

The Lewis's Woodpecker continues at our feeder area and chases off the
Blue Jays at the feeder it has adopted but lets the small birds feed.
Turkey Vultures also showed up yesterday circling over Whitewood.
Whitewood creek is free of ice and a pair of Mallards stopped by and a
Great-blue Heron is flying by at times. Evening Grosbeaks are still
intermittent visitors and I have attached a picture from 3.29.24.
Vic/Donna Fondy 605.269.2553

                                        .