Date: 4/5/24 11:55 am
From: <jerrymcw...> <0000001b5c226889-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Erie County, Presque Isle Hawk Watch for April 5, 2024

Unknown Raptor 0 0 1

Total: 3106 3106 9063

Observation start time: 07:15:00
Observation end time: 12:45:00
Total observation time: 5.5 hours

Official Counter: Jerry McWilliams

Observers:

Visitors:
Brian Berchtold and my wife Linda for a short chat.

Weather:
Cloudy early with occasional snow showers and NNW wind, and quite cold.

Raptor Observations:
Surprise! Surprise! In all of the years at this hawk watch I have never
had a good movement of vultures moving along the lake with winds OFF the
lake. Many vultures roosted overnight along the bayfront with Julie
Leonard reporting over 100 birds roosting at her house. TV movement was
steady and low until it cleared in the early PM when the flight shut down.
Despite all of the vultures there were few hawks observed.

Non-raptor Observations:
Canada Goose, Mourning Dove, American Goldfinch, House Finch, Ring-billed
and Herring Gull, American Robin, Red-breasted Merganser, American Crow,
Double-crested Cormorant, a few blackbirds, and Eastern Phoebe.

Predictions:
The weather much the same as today. However, after what happened today, I
better not say "nothing is likely to happen in the way of a flight."Jerry McWilliamsErie, Erie County, <Pa.jerrymcw...>

Join us on Facebook!