Date: 4/3/24 5:53 pm
From: Lucy & Bob Email <RobertADuncan...>
Subject: [ALbirds] Today's weather
Hi all,
The presence of 6 E. Kingbirds  on The Point here in Gulf Breeze at about 4 p.m., but not present this a.m., tells me these Trans-Gulf migrants came in this afternoon. During bird movements from the tropics, the strongest flyers arrive first, Kingbirds, swallows etc. These were followed at about 5:30 p.m. by a few others, Prothonotaries, Indigos that were not observed this a.m. Slower flyers arrive later, so there could be more arriving after dark. So it MAY be good at the migrant traps tomorrow morning, especially to the east of Pensacola since we have been having strong NW - W winds all day.
The front has penetrated the southern Gulf with winds out of the north on the Yucatan Peninsula, so migration should be shut down. This is reflected in BirdCast's prediction for tonight, Thurs and Friday nights. Winds will swing around Sat and migration conditions should improve.
So if I were going birding this week, I would be at the traps tomorrow morning. That's my best guess.
Happy Birding!
Bob DuncanGulf Breeze, FL