Date: 4/3/24 1:28 pm
From: Christopher Hayward <p_t_nymph...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Sparrows at Lower La Honda OSP, 4/3/24
Hi All,
This morning I walked the trail up from the parking lot at Lower La Honda OSP to just beyond the barn at the top of the hill and back.
There was a singing Grasshopper Sparrow sitting on top of a coyote bush about 50 yards up from the parking lot. Just past the barn at the top of the hill a Lark Sparrow was on the power line, also singing briefly. On my way back to my car a Chipping Sparrow flew across the parking lot and perched on the power lines west of the parking lot, probably one of the two birds photographed by Peter Hart yesterday. A nice morning for Sparrows.
Photos on ebird checklist, link below.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S167073359

Chris Hayward
Half Moon Bay