Date: 4/2/24 8:30 am
From: Diana F. <diana.fru...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Brookline Bird Club Annual Hybrid Meeting, 4/19/2024
Fyi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Leslie Kramer <kramer.lf...>
Date: Tue, Apr 2, 2024, 10:50 AM
To: MASSBIRD <massbird...>

All Are Welcome!
Join us for our HYBRID ANNUAL MEETING With author and researcher Deborah
Cramer: Exciting Connections between the Lives of Migrating Shorebirds,
Horseshoe Crabs, and Us

Friday, April 19, 2024, 7–9 PM, 6:30 Social Hour
Harvard University Geologic Hall, 24 Oxford Street, Cambridge, with FREE
PARKING at the 52 Oxford Street Parking Garage.
See www.brooklinebirdclub.org for the zoom registration.
We will be presenting, for Members voting, the slate of BBC Officers and
Directors, additional business items, and club updates.

Listen, as author and observer Deborah Cramer traveled from the tip of
South America up into the Arctic, accompanying a shorebird – the Red Knot –
along one of earth’s longest avian migrations. Along the way, she witnessed
the birds’ extraordinary relationship with the horseshoe crab, an ancient
animal that comes ashore once a year to lay its eggs in the sand.
Join Deborah to explore how our health and the health of shorebirds and
horseshoe crabs are intertwined, and the increasing importance of
Massachusetts in this story.

Deborah is the author of *T**he Narrow Edge: A Tiny Bird, An Ancient Crab,
and An Epic Journey*, which received the Best Book Award from the U.S.

See you there!

Leslie Kramer

BBC President

--