Date: 4/1/24 3:49 pm
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Re: White-winged Dove-Maumelle
I had a pair of White-winged Doves show up in my neighborhood in Centerton in May 2015. They hung around for two or three weeks and went away. I didn’t see them again until May 2018 when they stayed, mated in my trees, and nested and produced at least 3 young that they brought to my yard. They’ve returned every year and nested somewhere in the neighborhood since then and successfully produced young. Some years I see them frequently, other years I’ll not see them so much but I will hear them. They came April 5th 2021, I think that was the earliest. Although I seem to remember a late March date but I’d need to hook up the back up drive to search my photos to see for sure.

I know someone was reporting them in Bentonville last year at the same time I had them in Centerton. So at least 5 miles apart. I am awaiting their arrival this year.

I’ve been posting my vacation trips to eBird since 2014 or 2015 but haven’t posted to eBird for my local birding trips. I was almost always with someone else who did and shared the list but I started doing it in 2020. Except for my yard. It makes it much easier with the eBird mobile app so I do post to eBird now but am lazy when it comes to adding photos.

I went through all my photos and posted the sightings of the White-winged Doves at my house with the photos going back to 2018 to eBird. It took a while because I had to convert each photo from RAW to jpg but I got it done. Last year I heard them more than saw them but still posted them to eBird so not all posts had photos.

I hope they return to your yard. I just love listening to their long beautiful song. Jacque Brown, Centerton, Benton Co.

> On Apr 1, 2024, at 4:39 PM, Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...> wrote:
>
> An adult White-winged Dove showed up at the seed feeders in my backyard around 3:30 pm today, Monday. It didn't stay long. Grackles flushed it. It may go over to the Maumelle city park across Lake Willastein from my house.
> My sister and sister-in-law from California just arrived with their dog. Bad timing. I doubt the Dove will return since the dog and several humans are currently out in the backyard. I did take several photos of the bird.
> This is the second occurrence of a White-winged Dove in our backyard. First occurrence was 5/11/2009.
> Karen Holliday
> Maumelle, Pulaski County
>
> To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:
> http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa-UARKEDU.exe?SUBED1=ARBIRD-L&A=1 <http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa-UARKEDU.exe?SUBED1=ARBIRD-L&A=1>

or click the following link: