Date: 3/28/24 9:21 pm
From: Roy Adolphson <roydjoy47...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Breeding falcons at the capitol
Today (3/28) around noon I stopped by the east facade of the State Capitol
to see the Peregrine Falcons. One was sitting in the nesting box on the
portico. It took flight to the east at about 12:10 p.m., and I couldn't
follow where it went (I was sitting in the car). Then I saw one on a
cornice of the northeast dome. When I put glass on it, there were two!
One had mounted the other, then flew back to the nesting box after a brief
encounter.

Roy Adolphson
Polk County (DSM)

--
Post by sending an email to <ia-bird...>
IOU Code of Birding Ethics - https://iowabirds.org/Pages.aspx?pg=6
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ia-bird/CAL-%3DfBJLYEcA9Yr%2BSj_p%2B_46GvNLNApC%<2ByhWfwPk5WHQCQPyPg...>

Join us on Facebook!