Date: 3/28/24 4:08 pm
From: Jack and Pam <00000064a46c579c-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Fulbright in Malaysia-appeal for used binoculars
Wonderful, thanks, Karen.  We are looking into ways to donate through AAS so the funds can be tax-deductible.Jack
On Monday, March 25, 2024 at 10:39:44 PM EDT, Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...> wrote:

  Great idea Jack to start a mini fundraiser! Kannan, I too want to pledge $200 towards purchasing binoculars. I can bring the money to the AAS conference in May if that works for you.   I too can offer suggestions for finding Bornean Bristleheads, having seen them in Borneo in 2022 on a birdwatching trip.  Very cool bird! Karen Holliday Pulaski Co.
-------- Original message --------From: Jack and PamDate: 3/23/24 9:23 PM (GMT-06:00) To: <ARBIRD-L...> Subject: Re: Fulbright in Malaysia-appeal for used binoculars
Exciting!! First, I’d like to suggest we take up a mini fund raiser to at least buy one pair of new bins for you to take along. If you are game I’ll start by pledging 200 Ringgit No, just kidding $ 200.
I have two pair which I’ll bring for you to look at but don’t get too excited they both have problems -mold inside a Zeiss 10X 40 and Leitz 8X 30.  In the later case optics fine but eye cup missing. Pam and I lived in Malaysia for eight years from 1986. KL has any kind of food you could possibly desire. I can also introduce you electronically to one of Malaysia’s best birders. In Borneo the Danum Valley Research Station is highly recommended. I assume anyone  I knew there has long since retired but I could try to locate one of them. Most. likely, given your credentials, you will have no trouble gaining access!
Anyway let’s talk in May. I know how to find the Bornean Bristelhead Jack StewartNewton County
Jack Stewart

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, March 23, 2024, 12:22 PM, Jerry Davis <jwdavis...> wrote:

That will be an amazing experience and we will miss you again and hope that this time you will not be trapped by Covid or another pandemic. You have a great reputation in making people aware of eBird and iNaturalist, and getting binoculars in the hands of those that it will do good for education, birds and the resources.  I commend your efforts. I also think that you should post the address where binoculars can be shipped to you in case there are people that will not make the Spring Arkansas Audubon Society Meeting.   Jerry Wayne DavisHot Springs, AR  From: Ragupathy Kannan Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2024 9:35 AMTo: <ARBIRD-L...> Subject: Fulbright in Malaysia-appeal for used binoculars I will be spending July through September as a Fulbright Scholar in Malaysia, promoting biodiversity awareness among locals using eBird and iNaturalist.  I will be based at Sunway University in Kuala Lumpur but hope to spend a lot of time in Borneo. The state department gives me a book allowance but not a binocular allowance.  If you have used binoculars to give away, please bring or send them to the Arkansas Audubon Society conference in Petit Jean May 3-4. I gave away 3 pairs to deserving Indian kids in January. Over the years I have found nice homes for about 30 pairs in India and Sri Lanka.  KannanFt. Smith

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

or click the following link: