Date: 3/28/24 3:34 pm
From: Louis Truex <ml2x1954...>
Subject: Hackberry Flat Survey
Hello Everyone!

Mary and I did our HF survey today and here is that data. We also checked
out a new Prairie Dog town which was new to us. It contained 13 Burrowing
Owls that we saw in less than 10 minutes. At HF, we had 13 shorebird
species all from the dam which included 150 or more that the thermals would
not allow us to ID. Not bad for the end of March.

Tillman - Hackberry Flat Survey, Tillman, Oklahoma, US
Mar 28, 2024 10:05 AM - 12:48 PM
Protocol: Traveling
16.975 mile(s)
47 species (+2 other taxa)

Cackling Goose 7
Canada Goose 12
Blue-winged Teal 190
Cinnamon Teal 4
Northern Shoveler 167
Gadwall 48
American Wigeon 2
Mallard 73
Northern Pintail 42
Green-winged Teal 68
Redhead 5
Bufflehead 17
Ruddy Duck 96
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Mourning Dove 3
American Coot X
Black-necked Stilt 8
American Avocet 3
American Golden-Plover 12
Killdeer 8
Snowy Plover 8
Long-billed Dowitcher 175
Wilson's Snipe 1
Wilson's Phalarope 2 Thin-billed shorebird with small head
Behavior: spinning in shallow water trying to churn up food
Lesser Yellowlegs 5
Greater Yellowlegs 37
Baird's Sandpiper 22
Least Sandpiper 7