Date: 3/28/24 3:25 pm
From: Michael Hobbs via Tweeters <tweeters...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2024-03-28
Tweets - We mostly dodged the rain this morning, though it was overcast, a
touch breezy, and changeable, with temps spanning the 40's. Seemed pretty
birdy, but the bird list was very similar to last week's. There was no
sign of Say's Phoebe (seen 3/23-3/26) nor Black Phoebe (photographed 3/24).

Highlights:
Greater White-fronted Goose - The two remain at the park. Seen on
grass soccer fields, and later at the lake
Anna's Hummingbird - Found a female on a nest above the Rowing Club
parking lot
Short-billed Gull - Adults and juveniles on grass soccer fields.
First in 4 weeks. A few tend to turn up through April
Great Horned Owl - Again heard calling just pre-dawn from the
southeast. Tony saw a large owl from the boardwalk earlier, probably the
same
Merlin - Quick flyby - our 5th survey this year (5 of 13 weeks)
Hutton's Vireo - Again, heard singing near the windmill
Violet-Green/Tree Swallows - Very numerous, mostly VGSW
White-crowned Sparrow - First singing of the year - Pugetensis song
White-throated Sparrow - STILL near Dog Swim Beaches 2-3
Savannah Sparrow - First singing of the year
Brown-headed Cowbird - Tony heard and photographed a male, First of
Year (FOY)

I was at the park briefly yesterday, and had KILLDEER and WESTERN
MEADOWLARK, both of which we missed today.

Missed both days: Common Goldeneye, Cooper's Hawk, Northern Shrike,
Red-breasted Nuthatch, and Purple Finch.

For the day, 62 species. Adding BHCO, we're at 86 species for the year.

= Michael Hobbs
= <BirdMarymoor...>
= www.marymoor.org/birding.htm