Date: 3/28/24 2:47 pm
From: PENNY & DAVID KOYAMA via Tweeters <tweeters...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Winter Birds Still Here
Tweets.
Yard-birders have been writing about White-throated Sparrows lately. We usually have one that appears off and on for a few months each winter. This year, however, our WTSP showed up on 10/31/23 and has appeared almost daily since then. On 12/19, the sparrow was joined by a Varied Thrush to make the 2023 yard list. During the cold weather we spread seed on the ground (in addition to what's dropped from the tube feeder) and it was joined by 3 more VATHs, which made a beautiful scene. A couple of birds are still ground feeding here, and they sing in the a.m.

We live in a condo more-or-less across from Yakima Fruit Market on Bothell Way, but our unit faces several trees, including conifers, and a shrubby/grassy wetland.
Penny Koyama, Bothell