Date: 3/28/24 10:42 am
From: Geo Kloppel <geokloppel...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Harrier courtship
A pair of Northern Harriers was keeping close company at the traditional nest site in Michigan Hollow this morning. Observing from a considerable distance, I watched the male drop into the sedges in the area of previous years’ nest(s). He immediately took flight again, and moments later the female appeared and dropped into precisely the same spot. She popped up again and both birds melted back into the piney swamp at the north end of the marsh. I suspect he left her a gift, though I wasn’t close enough to confirm that.

-Geo
--

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")

NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsWELCOME_DOT_htm
NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsRULES_DOT_htm
NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave_DOT_htm

ARCHIVES:
1) mail-archive_DOT_com/cayugabirds-l@cornell_DOT_edu/maillist_DOT_html
2) surfbirds_DOT_com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds
3) aba_DOT_org/birding-news/

ebird_DOT_org/content/ebird/