Date: 3/18/23 6:37 pm
From: ashippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hoyden's Hill Open Space Am. Woodcock
Hoyden's Hill Open Space.  New spot to us, off Merritt exit 46 for Rt. 59, easy to get to.  Paths lead through several fields (back to a police shooting range!)  We walked to the back, the back to the S. edge of NE field, & waited.  Singing from about 7:10 to 7:45.
I think about 6 Am. Woodcock flying around, peenting, & singing.  (I don't know if there were AMWO in other fields, too.)  Some landed close enough that I could make them out a bit.  There's a little, quiet hmmph before the peent.
Also, Robin, W-Th. & Song Sparrows, a Killdeer, &c.  Some deer and rabbits, and Venus bright.  It's a pretty good sky there.
Arthur ShippeeMary PorterfieldHamden