Date: 8/5/22 1:38 pm
From: Allen Gathman <agathman...>
Subject: NO SIGHTING: Summer Seasonal Report information request
The ornithological summer season is June 1 – July 31, and now that it has
ended, I’m requesting that you send me your significant sightings for the
period.

EXAMPLES OF SIGNIFICANT SIGHTINGS:

* any species listed as "rare", "casual", or "accidental" on the Annotated
Checklist of Missouri Birds: *http://mobirds.org/MBRC/MOChecklist.asp
<http://mobirds.org/MBRC/MOChecklist.asp> *.

*unusually early or late dates (check Mark Robbins' 'The Status and
Distribution of Birds in Missouri,'
*https://kuscholarworks.ku.edu/handle/1808/26287
<https://kuscholarworks.ku.edu/handle/1808/26287>*)

*unusually high or low counts

PHOTOS – I especially want photos of your significant birds. If you put
the photos in an eBird checklist, I can download them from it, but I will
need your permission to use the photos in the Bluebird.

Otherwise, high-resolution images can be e-mailed in JPEG format. Please
include the location, date, and photographer’s name with each photo.

HOW TO REPORT:

If you reported the bird in eBird, you can just send me a link to the
checklist page (with a statement that I can use the photos, if applicable).

If it’s not in eBird, please include the following information:

1) Species

2) Number observed

3) Age/Sex (if known)

4) County

5) Location (i.e. park, residence, city, etc.)

6) Date

7) Observer (s)

OTHER INFO:

I’m also interested in information about unusual weather events, flooding,
and any other conditions affecting habitat in your area during June and
July.

The data you provide is used to produce the regional report published in
the American Birding Association's "journal of record for birders," North
American Birds; and a summary of sightings is also published in the ASM's
quarterly publication, The Bluebird.

Your sightings should be either submitted directly to me or in the ebird
public output in order to be considered for inclusion in the final seasonal
report. Sightings posted only to MOBIRDS-L will not be included in the
report.

Please send your sightings to me at one of the addresses below before
August 31. I will reply to each e-mail to confirm receipt.

email: *<agathman...> <agathman...>*

Mailing address: PO Box 1, Pocahontas, MO 63779

Thanks!

-Allen Gathman

Pocahontas (Cape Girardeau County)