Date: 8/5/22 11:22 am
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Nighthawk reflections (literally) - Arapahoe
While walking to my car last night, around 6:30 PM, at the Trader Joe's in
Greenwood Village (University & Orchard in Arapahoe Co.), I spotted the
reflection of a nighthawk in the reflection of the sky in my car's trunk
window. I looked up to find it swooping fairly low. The shopping center's
Barn Swallows were also feeding near it. Eventually, a second nighthawk
joined the first.

This led me to check the Google Maps satellite image of the shopping
center. It appears gravel covered, which means it *could* be a possible
nesting spot of a Common Nighthawk pair. Always hard to know, though.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<90b606c7-d492-4a5c-a4ef-ae89b0093f11n...>

Join us on Facebook!