Date: 8/5/22 9:54 am
From: Jeffrey Schoonmaker <j.schoonmaker...>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Rufous Hummingbird - No
My wife told me earlier this morning (10 a.m.-ish?) that she watched a "different" hummingbird at our feeder as it spent a good long time drinking. We get male and female Ruby-throats regularly, and she said this one was quite different. She said it was "really brown." After reading your posting, I shared it with her and asked her more questions. Then I got Sibley's guide where the Rufous and Ruby-throat are side by side. She immediately picked the Rufous out of the line-up!

I wish she had found me outside - I'm so sorry I missed it. I did mention that in the future she should get a photo!

Jeff Schoonmaker
Colonie