Date: 8/4/22 6:46 pm
From: Lynn Wohlers <wohlers13...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] So what plants?
Jim,

WNPS, <https://www.wnps.org/> the Washington Native Plant Society, is
another source of information. Here's a link
<https://wnps.org/content//documents/plants/gardening/native-plant-seed-source-32021.pdf>
to native plants and seed sources from their website. There are also plant
lists by habitat.
The local chapter for Burlington is called Salal. They have a big native
plant sale each spring - maybe there will be one in the fall, too. Just put
your name on the mailing list at this link. <https://www.wnps.org/salal>
They do the sales at the Discovery Garden just west of Mt. Vernon, which
should be convenient for you.

Lynn
Fidalgo Island

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 4:23 PM Doug Santoni <dougsantoni...> wrote:

> Jim —
>
> A couple of great resources for native plants are the Audubon Society’s
> native plants website, where you can enter your zip code and get
> information on plants and plant retailers (
> https://www.audubon.org/native-plants). Check out the tab entitled
> “Local Resources.”
>
> The other great site with a lot of content is the Washington
> Ornithological Society page found at
> https://wos.org/wos-wp/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/native-plant-resources-v2.pdf
>
> I’m sure there are other good sources, but you might want to check these
> out!
>
> Doug Santoni
> Dougsantoni at gmail dot com
> Seattle, WA
>
> On Aug 4, 2022, at 12:39 PM, <jimbetz...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The talk about "plant native" is good. But how do I, a homeowner with
> some space where I can plant native species, find out which plants to
> put in, how to care for them until they are self-sufficient, and where
> to get them (seeds? starter plants?) ... ???
>
> - Jim in Burlington

Lynn Wohlers

Blogging at Bluebrightly <https://bluebrightly.com/>
Photography on Flickr <https://www.flickr.com/photos/lynnwohlers/>