Date: 8/4/22 3:31 pm
From: Karen Viste-Sparkman <vistesparrow...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Prairie City Whistling-Duck nest update
Thank you for mentioning that, Paul. There was also an article on the
second confirmed Iowa breeding of Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks published
in the winter 2021 issue, Volume 91, no. 1, written by Jamie McCoy. This
nesting was in Clinton County. *A Review of Black-bellied Whistling-Duck
Occurrence in Iowa *by Jim and Steve Dinsmore was also in the winter 2020
issue.

The Prairie City nesting was a little different because the actual nest
site was found and observed by local birders.

Also, a correction on the number of ducklings--photos show somewhere
between 15 and 20 ducklings, although it is hard to count them.

Karen Viste-Sparkman
Des Moines