Date: 8/4/22 8:38 am
From: jg441157j5x <jg441157j5x...>
Subject: RE: [ia-bird] Prairie City Whistling-Duck nest update
Does anyone know if this is the 1st recorded nesting of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks in Iowa?Will they fly south this winter? So many questions I have. Are they being officially monitored?Thanks for any information. Julie Johnston,  Packwood Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Karen Viste-Sparkman <vistesparrow...> Date: 8/4/22 9:13 AM (GMT-06:00) To: Iowa Birds <ia-bird...> Subject: [ia-bird] Prairie City Whistling-Duck nest update I received a report that the Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks in Prairie City have 12 ducklings and they were making their way to the pond this morning. It has been fun to hear about this nesting in real time!Karen Viste-SparkmanDes Moines