Date: 8/3/22 8:16 pm
From: Paul Bannick <paul.bannick...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] MARTHA STEWART LIVING: Want to Attract Special Birds and Bees to Your Garden? Add Rare Plants to Your Backyard, a New Study Says
Interesting BUT if you want to our increasingly threatened native birds,
garden as much as possible with the native plants that these species rely
upon for food, nesting, shelter. Gardening with our native plants allow
you to provide not just for nesting and wintering birds but also migrating
ones.

They also help retain our declining insects that birds and many other
animals rely upon.

We must do this for our native birds or risk losing them.

Paul

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 1:29 PM Dan Reiff <dan.owl.reiff...> wrote:

> *Want to Attract Special Birds and Bees to Your Garden? Add Rare Plants to
> Your Backyard, a New Study Says*
> Researchers out of Dartmouth College found that 50 percent of urban
> gardens in California counties have rare plants—and, in turn, they attract
> unique species of pollinators.
>
> Read in Martha Stewart Living: https://apple.news/AToTxWy4FTJGOmIXTHZfxrA
>

> Shared from Apple News <https://www.apple.com/news>
>

> Sent from my iPhone