Date: 8/3/22 2:45 pm
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] adorable
Hey I-Birders,

Karen and I were just watching two fledgling GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHERS
from our living room window. They were feeding on some unripe pokeweed
berries in the back yard. I don't recall seeing young of this species
before, and am happy to think they were nested in the woods behind our
house. In other yard news, the tribe of young TUFTED TITMICE continues to
visit our feeders every day. They continually express their buzzy opinions
when here, loud enough to be heard from inside the house. A young buteo
showed up on Friday and seemed interested in the chipmunks that form the
clean-up crew beneath our seed feeders. Pretty sure it was a BROAD-WINGED
HAWK. I look forward to more avian youngsters making our yard part of
their home.

Good Birding,

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines